Effective Date: October 1, 2018, Last Updated September 28, 2021
Personal Information We Collect.We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information” about you:
- Contact Information: your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, social media user names, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and which elements of our Site you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our Site;
- Audio and visual information: your photos that you submit on our website; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
How we use Personal InformationWe use your Personal Information for the following Categories of Use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order or registration; and
- We may communicate with you about this Policy or our Terms.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity or other electronic activity, commercial information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics. We also use this information to make our website and products better.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- To provide you with our email newsletter and other similar communications about our products;
- Provide you with targeted advertising; and
- Provide you with other information from and about our company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and other electronic activity to:
- Provide you with the Site, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores and the Site.
- Review and content creation purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews or testimonials of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our Site and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and other electronic activity, and inferences to protect the Site, our Company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal InformationWe collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact information and audio and visual information directly from you. We also collect financial information from you.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below.
Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information WithWe share Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf.
- Advertisers. We share Personal Information, including contact Information, other identifying information, internet or other electronic activity, commercial information and inferences in order to provide you with relevant information regarding our products and services.
- Our Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our company.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
CookiesWe automatically derive and collect certain data based on your interactions with the Site using cookies and similar technologies (collectively, “Cookies”). Our collection of data through Cookies includes information about your browser and Site usage patterns, which may include your IP address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, pages viewed, links clicked, whether you opened an email, and information about the device you use to access the Site. Our collection of this information allows us to improve your user experience in various ways, such as to personalize our display of the Site to you, to “remember” whether or not you are signed in, and to provide better technical support to you.
Please note: If you restrict, disable, or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Site may not operate properly, and you may not have access to certain services or parts of the Site. We will not be liable for any interruption in, or inability to use, the Site or our services or degraded functioning thereof, where such are caused by your settings and choices regarding Cookies.
Pixels (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script)We may use Pixels to automatically record certain technical information about your interactions when you visit the Site or otherwise engage with us, to help deliver Cookies on our Site, or count users who have visited the Site. We may also include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether you open or act on them for statistical purposes. “Pixels” are tiny graphics (about the size of a period at the end of a sentence) with unique identifiers used to track certain online actions, movements and related information of Site users. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixels are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. The data we receive through Pixels allows us to effectively promote the Site to various populations of users, and to optimize external advertisements about the Site that appear on third-party websites.
Managing Your Information Preferences
Be Careful When You Share Information with OthersPlease be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
SecurityWe maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
The Site is intended for users who are 13 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Site by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Site is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right.
You may have the right under the CCPA to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or making available that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a Business Purpose, the Business Purpose for which such Personal Information was disclosed, and the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If applicable, (i) the categories of your Personal Information that we have made available for valuable consideration; (ii) the categories of third parties to whom such Personal Information was made available; and (iii) the category or categories of Personal Information that we have made available to each category of third parties.
Right to Delete.You may have the right under the CCPA to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us to:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect and prevent data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, some of our services will not work the same. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
Exercising Your Rights.To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Calling us at 1-800-409-4791
Sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a twelve-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. This includes your first name, last name, email address, and phone number. You must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Non-Discrimination.We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
You can access the California Consumer Privacy Act opt-out here.
Online Tracking Choices.Most browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, some features and services of the Site (particularly those that require sign-in) may not function properly if your Cookies are disabled. Similarly, if you choose to delete session objects from our Site, you may not be able to access and use all or part of the site or benefit from some or all of the information or features and services offered.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have the user’s online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about that browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many websites, including the Site, do not respond to DNT signals.
Please be aware that we are headquartered in the United States. The Site is governed by United States law. If you are using any of our products or services from outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers may be located. The United States might not offer the same level of privacy protection as the country where you reside or are a citizen. BY USING THE SITE, COMMUNICATING WITH US VIA MAIL, EMAIL OR TELEPHONE, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING INFORMATION TO US, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER TO, AND PROCESSING OF, YOUR INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES.
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed Personal Information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, please send an e-mail with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Phone: (720) 480-3942
Best Friends by Sheri c/o Outward Hound
7337 S Revere Parkway
Centennial, CO 80112